‘The Company’ is Origami Group Ltd, trading under Origami Bars, Origami Events and Origami Marquees, whose registered office address is 195-197 Whiteladies Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2SB.
‘The Client’ is the person or organisation hiring the marquee or Equipment from Origami Group Ltd, or employing our services.
‘Balance’ is the hire charge less any deposit or instalments (if any) paid.
‘Damage Waiver Fee’ is the optional fee payable by the Client to limit their liability for damage to the Equipment. Details of the Damage Waiver Fee terms and conditions can be found on the Company’s website.
‘Deposit’ is 25% of the Hire Charge.
‘Delivery Note’ is the note signed by the Client, or a representative of the Client, confirming the Equipment’s delivery.
‘Equipment’ is the tent(s), Tipis or Marquees, and all other materials specified on the Quotation and nothing else.
‘Payment Date’ is the date 30 days before the Event Date.
‘Period of Hire’ is a period of 48 hours from the Event Set Up Date or any other period as agreed in writing between the Company and the Client.
‘Hire Charge’ is the amount payable by the Client to the Company as specified on the Quotation and includes VAT.
‘Invoice’ is the Invoice per the Quotation payable to the Company by the Client for the Equipment.
‘Quotation’ is the quotation form or the order confirmation form provided to you, containing details of the Equipment, Event Set Up Date, Event Take Down Date and Hire Charge.
All orders are accepted subject to these Terms and Conditions, and the Client, by signing the Quotation, is deemed to have acknowledged this unless the variation is agreed upon and stated in writing.
- THE COMPANY UNDERTAKES:
- a) To deliver the Equipment and erect it on or before the Event Set Up Date shown on the Quotation or otherwise agreed in writing. The Company reserves the right, without prejudice, to alter the Event Set Up Date if the weather or the Delivery Address conditions would, in the Company’s estimation, put the Equipment or the employees of the Company or its suppliers at risk of injury and/or damage and/or loss.
- b) To dismantle and remove the Equipment from the Delivery Address on or after the Event Take Down Date shown on the Quotation.
- THE CLIENT UNDERTAKES:
- a) To pay the Deposit and the Balance as per the Invoice. The Company reserves the right only to provide the Equipment if payment is received by the Payment Date.
- b) To pay interest on all monies outstanding at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of Starling Bank from the Payment Date until the date of actual payment.
- c) To provide the Company with either a plan showing the position in which the Equipment is to be positioned and all underground services and any apparent obstacles or to make available a representative on the site for that purpose. In the absence of both, the Company, having erected the Equipment where it thinks fit, shall be deemed to have completed the Contract. In any event, the Client and not the Company will be responsible for any damage to underground cables or pipes.
- d) To obtain all necessary licences and permits required for the event from any authorities or any other relevant statutory bodies who are or may be concerned and to make applications where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any similar authority or organisation. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to the Company by the Client.
- e) Any requirements under the licence or permits in 4 d) above must be notified to the Company in writing at least 28 days prior to erection. Should the Company, for any reason, be unable to comply with these requirements, then the Client shall be notified, and the Contract shall be deemed to have been cancelled by the Client.
- f) If any part of the Equipment includes electrical apparatus to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 meters of the Equipment by no later than the Event Set Up Date.
- g) Not to enter the Equipment whilst it is being erected or dismantled by the Company.
- h) To keep any part of the Equipment that is a tent completely closed and secure and, in particular, any door fastened when not in use.
- i) Not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the Company’s prior written consent.
- j) Not to light, or allow to be lit, any fire, candle or other naked flames within or close to the Equipment without the Company’s prior written consent.
- k) If not using a generator supplied by the Company, undertake to have a qualified electrician inspect the power supply and confirm that the power supply is fit to provide power for all electrical Equipment provided by the Company, its agents or contractors.
- l) If using a generator supplied by the Company, undertake to manage the generator’s fuel consumption such that there is sufficient fuel left to supply power for the duration of the event. Should the fuel supply be mismanaged such that it runs out before or during the event, the Client, and not the Company, will be responsible for refuelling the generator at their own cost.
- m) Not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Equipment and, in particular, not to affix or suspend any item from the Equipment without the Company’s prior written consent.
- n) By 8 am, or a time agreed in writing by both parties, on the Event Take Down Date to ensure the Equipment is clear of any artefacts, waste, Equipment, foodstuffs and beverages not supplied by the Company. The Company reserves the right to charge for any additional costs incurred by it should this condition not be met.
- o) Not to install, or allowed to be installed, by any third party any equipment, furniture or decorations within one meter of the fabric of the Equipment without prior written agreement from the Company. Notwithstanding any written agreement, the Client remains liable for any damage caused as per clause 3c) herewith.
- p) Not to use fireworks or pyrotechnics within 50 meters of the Equipment.
- a) The Hire Charge is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) and is served by a firm access road adjacent to the site with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles is free from flooding trees and overhead obstruction. If this is not the case or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Equipment in a different position on the site to the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of booking and in either event, the costs to the Company are subsequently increased because of increase in labour costs or any other factor the Company may increase the price in accordance with the Company’s published price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
- b) The Company will use all reasonable endeavours to supply the Client with the Equipment. Still, where this is not possible, the Company will notify the Client as soon as possible with any alterations to the design and specifications of the Equipment. Where an alteration is fundamental, the Client may terminate this Contract, and any deposit paid will be refunded.
- LOSS OR DAMAGE OR EXCESSIVE SOILING
- a) From the Event Set Up Date up to and including the Event Take Down Date, the Client shall be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the Equipment.
- b) The risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction to the Equipment shall pass to the Client for the duration of the Period of Hire.
- c) The Client must be satisfied with the Equipment once the Equipment has been erected and should notify the Company in writing immediately of any miscounts, incorrect deliveries or unacceptable Equipment. The Company will not accept any such notification after the Delivery Note.
- d) The Client shall be responsible for and indemnify the Company against any loss of or damage to the Equipment, whatsoever the cause.
- e) The Client must provide to the Company proof of having arranged insurance in their name for the Equipment at least seven days before the Event Set Up Date.
- f) If a Damage Waiver Fee is included on the Quotation, then upon payment of the Damage Waiver Fee, the above clauses 5c) and 5d) will not apply. Still, the Client will remain liable for the first £500 of any loss and any loss or damage resulting from their negligence or liability under the terms of this Contract.
- a) The Hire Charge does not include making good any repairs to the Delivery Address unless caused by the negligence of the Company servants, agents or contractors
- b) All sums payable under this agreement unless otherwise stated, are exclusive of VAT and other duties or tax. Any VAT or other duties or taxes payable in respect of such sums shall be payable in addition to such sums.
- c) The clients cannot use any photos or images of the Company’s Equipment, Marquee or Tipi for any commercial purposes without the Company’s express written permission.
- a) All cancellations must be made in writing and be acknowledged by The Company. Regardless of the cause, loss, or other factors that may have led to the decision for the cancellation, the cancellation conditions will always apply:
- b) Either party shall have the right to terminate this Contract without penalty within 14 days from the Effective Date
- c) After 14 days from the Effective Date, the Deposit becomes non-refundable.
- d) If the Hiring Customer cancels after 14 days from the Effective Date and up to and including 270 days prior to the Event Date, the Company with retain the 25% non-refundable Deposit paid on Equipment Hire only.
- e) If the Hiring Customer cancels between 269 days and up to and including 120 days to the Event Date, the 25% non-refundable Deposit (plus a further 25% on Equipment Hire only inc. VAT at the statutory rate will need to be paid).
- f) If the Hiring Customer cancels between 119 and up to and including 31 days before the Event Date, the 25% non-refundable Deposit (plus a further 50% on Equipment Hire only inc. VAT at the statutory rate will need to be paid).
- g) If the Hiring Customer cancels 30 days or less prior to the Event Date, the 25% non-refundable Deposit (plus 100% Equipment Hire only inc. VAT at the statutory rate will need to be paid).
- Cancellation charges will be provided on a Sales Invoice (Extra Goods, Services or Fees) which must be paid in full within 30 days of the date of issue.
- Where the Hiring Customer does not provide the cancellation in writing or has not received an acknowledgement from Origami Group Ltd, then The Company is entitled to pursue payment in full for 100% of the Balance Owing as shown on Sales Invoice.
- Where these debts remain unpaid, these may be passed to third-party debt collection services and will be subject to all further incurred recovery costs/fees.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- a) The Company will make every effort to complete the erection of the Equipment on or before the Event Set Up Date provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the Equipment is not erected on or before the Event Set Up Date the Client shall have the right to withdraw from this Contract and the Company shall return all monies paid. If the Equipment is not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond the Company’s reasonable control the Company shall not be liable to pay further compensation to the Client.
- b) The Company will take all reasonable care to avoid damage to the Clients’ own Equipment but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the Client in respect thereof other than as a result of the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors.
THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
- a) The Company will not be responsible for, and the Client will indemnify the Company against all claims for the injury to persons or loss or damage to property however caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage was caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company.